- Saturday, May 5, 2018: Native Plant Market in Springfield, MO
- Saturday, May 5, 2018: Forrest Keeling’s Spring Celebration of Native Plants & Biodiversity
- Sunday, March 4, 2018: Eat, Drink, and Grow Native! in Alton, IL
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018: Screening of “Hometown Habitat: Stories of Bringing Nature Home” at Saint Louis Zoo
- Saturday, March 31, 2018: Partners for Native Landscaping
“Biological diversity is the key to the maintenance of the world as we know it.”
~ E.O. Wilson, Biodiversity
Saturday, June 3, 2017: Using & Establishing Natives Workshop
From Grow Native! Professional Member Hamilton Native Outpost in Elk Creek, MO:
USING & ESTABLISHING NATIVES WORKSHOP
June 3, 2017 9 a.m.
Learn about the uses of native plants and how to establish them.
Choose from tours on:
- Wildlife- Create habitat for everything from quail and turkey to deer and pollinators
- Landscaping- Learn the steps involved in planting a wildflower meadow from seed
- Restoration – Glades, savannas and prairies can be recreated or restored on your land
- Forages- Whether it is a diverse native grassland or just warm season grasses, natives are great forage
Tours will end around 1 p.m. and will be followed by a Q&A session with our knowledgeable staff; bring a sack lunch to eat during this time if you wish (we’ll provide drinks).
Then, if you want to make a full day of it, join us for a hayride through the wildflower fields and some restored savannas after lunch. It will end around 4 p.m.
Please RSVP to Hamilton’s so they know how much trailer space is needed.