Cuckoe Bee. Photo: Ed Spevak
About the Grow Native! Program
About Grow Native!
Grow Native! is the native plant marketing and education program of the Missouri Prairie Foundation. Grow Native! helps protect and restore biodiversity by increasing conservation awareness of native plants and their effective use in urban, suburban, and rural developed landscapes. Through collaboration with consumers, private industry, non-profit organizations, and government agencies, Grow Native! aims to significantly increase the demand and use of native plants in the lower Midwest—Missouri, southern Illinois, eastern Kansas, northern Arkansas, northern Oklahoma, and southern Nebraska.
Overarching Goals of the Missouri Prairie Foundation’s Grow Native! Program
- Provide quality native plant information and educational opportunities to our stakeholders: homeowners, landowners, livestock producers, gardeners, governmental agencies, local governments, educational institutions, and partner conservation and landscaping industry organizations.
- Increase demand for and supply of native plants and native plant landscaping and other services by marketing products and services of Grow Native! Professional Members and providing education to consumers.
- Manage activities of Grow Native! program in a sustainable manner in terms of funding and labor.
- Maintain committee with good communication and respect for all involved.
- Have fun! Involvement in planning and executing Grow Native! Program activities should energize and inspire.
- Administer the Missouri Invasive Plant Task Force, a resource of the Grow Native! program
Grow Native! Leadership and Strategic Plan
Grow Native! is governed by a committee of native plant growers, native plant landscaping professionals, and Missouri Prairie Foundation board members. Visit the Grow Native! Committee Members and Advisory Committee page for more information.